1. Why this privacy statement?
BMB attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant current legal regulations. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act means a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 for the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
With this Privacy Statement, BMB would like to point out to you any processing operations regarding this data and your rights. By using our platform / our website / our application, you explicitly grant your consent with possible processing operations by BMB.
In the future, this Privacy Statement may be subject to modifications and changes. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Every substantial change will always be clearly communicated on the BMB platform.
2. Who processes the personal data?
The platform / website / application ... www.bmb.be is an initiative of: BMB (Hereinafter: “MEMBER”)
VAT number: BE 0424.342.039
Telephone: +32(0)56 68 05 61
3. Which personal data are processed?
BMB undertakes to process only the data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data can be processed by BMB:
Identificationdata - Personal identificationdata Identificationdata - Electronic identificationdata Identificationdata - Electronic localisationdata Profession & Employment – Current Employment Identificationdata - Electronic identificationdata
4. For what purposes are my personal data used?
BMB collects personal data to provide you with a safe, optimal and personal user experience. The collection of personal data will become more extensive as you make more intensive use of the platform / website / application and our on-line services.
Data processing is essential for the operation of the platform / website / application and the associated services. Processing is only for the following well-defined purposes:
● Giving you access to your user profile.
● Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, supplying information, newsletters and offers that are useful and / or necessary for you, acquiring and processing user assessments and providing support.
● Offering and improving the products supplied; individually-targeted and specific products on the basis of information and data supplied.
● Detecting and protecting against fraud, errors and / or criminal behaviour.
● Marketing purposes
During a visit to the platform / the website / application of BMB, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimize the use of our platform / our website / our application. This information includes: IP address, presumed place of consultation, time and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the platform / website / application of BMB, you declare that you agree with this data collection for statistical purposes as described above.
The User always provides the personal data to BMB himself/herself and in this way can exercise a certain control. If certain information is incomplete or apparently incorrect, BMB reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
Personal data will only be processed for internal use within BMB.
We can therefore reassure you that personal data are not sold, passed on or communicated to third parties that are connected to us. BMB has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to avoid unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to our platform / our website, 'cookies' can be placed on your hard disk to better tailor the platform / website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to recall technical choices.
If you want to consult the platform / website of BMB, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. However, you can also be find how to disable cookies in our Cookie Statement.
6. What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of lawful and secure personal data processing
BMB always processes your personal information fairly and lawfully. This implies the following guarantees:
● Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
● Personal data are only processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
● Personal data are only kept for as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and justified purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures were taken to minimize the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data. In case of intrusion into its IT systems, BMB will immediately take all possible measures to minimize the damage.
6.2 Right of access / rectification / deletion of your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you have a right to obtain BMB' decision about whether or not to process your personal data. When BMB processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the collected personal data. If you wish to use your right of access, BMB will comply with this request within one (1) month of receiving it. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be modified. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and incompleteness in the first place. You may exercise your right to rectification by providing BMB with an additional statement. BMB will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
● When the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
● When the personal data were collected on the basis of obtained consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
● When there is an objection to the processing and no prevailing compelling justified grounds exist for the processing;
● When the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
● When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
BMB assesses the presence of one of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 Right to limit / object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data:
● During the period that BMB needs to check the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
● If the data processing is unlawful and the User requests a limitation of the processing instead of deleting the personal data;
● When BMB no longer needs the User's personal data for processing purposes and the User needs the personal data in the context of a legal action;
● During the period that BMB needs to assess the existence of grounds for erasing personal data.
Furthermore, the User shall at all times have the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data. BMB will then cease processing your personal data, unless BMB can invoke compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh the User's right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, BMB will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request shall be sent by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com
6.4 Right to data portability
The User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to BMB in a structured, current and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer these personal data to another processing controller if the processing of the personal data is exclusively based on the User's permission.
If User wishes to exercise this right, BMB will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request.The request shall be sent by registered mail or by e-mail to info@BMB.be.
6.5 Right to withdraw my permission / right to file a complaint
User has the right to withdraw his permission at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal. In addition, the User has the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of his/her personal data by BMB with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If User wishes to exercise this right, BMB will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request.The request shall be sent by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org